Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Looks like a long season

Number3

Seems like the Twins are just hoping to tread water this year. At least false hopes are not being advertised. No pressure on them whatsoever and the concern about Buxton staying healthy and whether Sano can finally be a consistent major league player are not even a factor. Only hope is Rocco's analytics.

17 minutes ago, Number3 said:

Seems like the Twins are just hoping to tread water this year. At least false hopes are not being advertised. No pressure on them whatsoever and the concern about Buxton staying healthy and whether Sano can finally be a consistent major league player are not even a factor. Only hope is Rocco's analytics.

Says who?

39 minutes ago, Number3 said:

So, we should mark you down for 90 wins in 2023?  Or, make it a nice round 100?  😀

1 hour ago, Number3 said:

Wtf, man. You obviously pay little attention and read nothing. Go tread elsewhere.  

2 hours ago, Number3 said:

Does Number 3 represent the number of minutes you spent getting caught up on things?

I have yet to find a single source who is not predicting an improved record for the Twins in 2023. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, my friend.

1 hour ago, Squirrel said:

Wtf, man. You obviously pay little attention and read nothing. Go tread elsewhere.  

Let me qualify my response further. While on paper, I would not say this is a WS team, but, who knows. The rotation is hugely improved and they’ve brought in some players who should add to the offense. Wish they had done a bit more with the BP, yet again, but I’m okay ‘waiting and seeing’ there, for now. They brought in a very good, starting catcher. The FO is hardly ‘hoping to just tread water’ here. While results mean something and will finish the story, I am optimistic that this year will be an improvement over last. I guess if your definition of treading water isn’t to be a definitive WS team, okay, but it’s not mine. And without a single game having yet to be played, I think this take of ‘just treading water’ is way off base.

****Moderator Note****

Sorry everyone, this was all clearly just a troll of a thread posted by someone who hasn't participated since the Twins offseason looked bleak. Clearly schadenfreude drives him and he's been lacking it since the Correa situation swung back in the Twins favor. This thread will be locked.