Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2023 Vikings Off Season Thread

nicksaviking

4 minutes ago, Parfigliano said:

Harken back to my comment about how people inside football say...fixed.

I dont think its fixed like wrestling where obviosly scripted.  But god damn some calls.

The only thing that would make it hard to fix is the speed of the game. Things happen in split seconds. But throwing flags on the same things sometimes and not others is suspect

28 minutes ago, Aggies7 said:

The only thing that would make it hard to fix is the speed of the game. Things happen in split seconds. But throwing flags on the same things sometimes and not others is suspect

With all do respect.  No.  Fix, who wins, points, total..  

The last five minutes of Cincy/KC was sort of effed by the refs. Bummer, it was a pretty good game. Can't imagine how angry Bengal fans must be today.  

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but KC/Philly is the game the NFL was hoping for. Lots of story lines to get sick of in the next few weeks: Kelce brothers, two great young QBs, Andy Reid v. Philly. Should be a good game too. I assume the Eagles will be favorites. 

47 minutes ago, gunnarthor said:

The last five minutes of Cincy/KC was sort of effed by the refs. Bummer, it was a pretty good game. Can't imagine how angry Bengal fans must be today.  

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but KC/Philly is the game the NFL was hoping for. Lots of story lines to get sick of in the next few weeks: Kelce brothers, two great young QBs, Andy Reid v. Philly. Should be a good game too. I assume the Eagles will be favorites. 

They're currently favored by 2 points I believe.

6 minutes ago, gunnarthor said:

Honestly, that seems low. They looked really good against SF. I think KC might get the doors blown off them. 

SF had no QB. The refs were also brutal. I'm not sure they are as good as the score showed. They are great, though. I think they win because mahomes can't run. 

2 hours ago, gunnarthor said:

Honestly, that seems low. They looked really good against SF. I think KC might get the doors blown off them. 

I could see it happening. They won't be sacking Jalen Hurts five times, and their offense definitely won't have an easier time against the Eagles' defense than they did against the Bengals' defense.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:33 PM, Vanimal46 said:

I am furious for Bengals fans. Hard not to think the NFL is rigged. 

I got no skin in the game, but I would have thought if there was any rigging, it would have been in the Bengals favor. I thought they were the hot new "IT" team with Burrow's face being everywhere lately. Both teams are in small markets so I'd think that factor would be a push.

But that was only my recent perception, it could have been the opposite too I suppose.

Sean Payton heading to Denver to coach up Russell Wilson. Denver had to give the Saints their 2023 1st round and 2024 2nd round pick for Payton and a 2023 3rd. Not a fan of the move. 

San Fran DC DeMeco Ryans named HC of the Texans. Love this move. Ryans is a stud and former Texans great! 

14 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Sean Payton heading to Denver to coach up Russell Wilson. Denver had to give the Saints their 2023 1st round and 2024 2nd round pick for Payton and a 2023 3rd. Not a fan of the move. 

San Fran DC DeMeco Ryans named HC of the Texans. Love this move. Ryans is a stud and former Texans great! 

Agree on both. So, Denver doesn't pick again until 2030, give or take?

5 minutes ago, Vanimal46 said:

Tom Brady retires again. He says for good this time. We will see. The NFC South has some bad, bad QBs.

With Brady out of the picture, the top veteran QBs to target are Rodgers, Carr, and dare I say Kirk? 

The best QB in that division is.....Sam Darnold? Yikes. 

The Bucs should go into rebuild/retool mode with Brady done, they need to get young and find their QB of the future. This will leave open the division for Carolina or Atlanta to break out… or maybe the Saints, they did just get a 1st rounder after losing their top 10 pick this year in a silly trade last year. Winston is under contract but will be cut, he was benched below Dalton the whole year. Darnold is a FA for Carolina, they could really use an average QB.

Good hire by the Texans, I dunno about Payton to Denver. He’s a great coach and Russell did play much better the final 2 games after Hackett was fired… that’s not enough for me to feel good about the Broncos.