Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread Twins vs. Royals 9/20/22 7:10 PM CDT (Center of Depressed Twinsfans)

Dave The Dastardly

End of Season Truths and Consequences

Pictures Worth A Thousand Cuss Words

Rocco, time to get your head out of…

giphy.gif

Learn to protect your players against weird injuries.

giphy.gif

When it comes to conditioning, cut back on the weight-lifting, it’s hard on the joints.

giphy.gif

Instead, go for suppleness and flexibility.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

But what the hey, keep doing things the way you want. It's your funeral.

giphy.gif

Today's Pitchers In A Lost Cause

Twins: Dylan Bundy  8-7  4.68 ERA   87 SO (4 innings followed by 6 relievers)

Royals: Zack Grienke  4-9  4.67 ERA   67 SO

Line-Ups

Twins: Unknown at this time but sure to defy all baseball logic.

KC: TBD (Who knew TBD could also bat?)

Gotta find humor is all of this I guess. Well, I thought Cleveland would allow us 1 token win this weekend...and thats what we got. It is completely unrealistic to think this team, right now, could compete for anything. The lineup is totally gutted and the number of injuries is ludicrous.  For the most part, the 4 four losses were pretty ugly, but expected.

I won't pin this on the FO, because you never know how a trade will go, but perhaps the hugest disappointment recently has been Lopez..maybe because of what was expected of him. He has been Pagan-lite. And it hasn't just been his pitching performances..it has also been his mental approach to games. He usually looks like he knows he's about to be shelled. While we can't crawl into his head, he definitely does not look like he has the smallest iota of confidence out there. Pretty disappointing.

So what suits our fancy now? Do we want to play spoiler against Chicago. Or would we rather see them win the division over Cleveland? Or in reality will it matter because we probably can't play them any better than we played Cleveland. If Twins were getting pushed around with their full healthy lineup, I'd be real angry. But we can't expect to win when more than half the lineup is under .200...in some cases WAY under ,200.

Play for pride.

1 hour ago, PDX Twin said:

Hey, the Twins have clinched a tie for third and can make the spot their own with a win tonight. Not what we hoped. but it's something...

I say they start Lopez and have a bullpen game for s***s and giggles.

Edited by Hosken Bombo Disco
Profanity (yeah yeah it’s 2022 but think of the children)

3 hours ago, insagt1 said:

Gotta find humor is all of this I guess. Well, I thought Cleveland would allow us 1 token win this weekend...and thats what we got. It is completely unrealistic to think this team, right now, could compete for anything. The lineup is totally gutted and the number of injuries is ludicrous.  For the most part, the 4 four losses were pretty ugly, but expected.

I won't pin this on the FO, because you never know how a trade will go, but perhaps the hugest disappointment recently has been Lopez..maybe because of what was expected of him. He has been Pagan-lite. And it hasn't just been his pitching performances..it has also been his mental approach to games. He usually looks like he knows he's about to be shelled. While we can't crawl into his head, he definitely does not look like he has the smallest iota of confidence out there. Pretty disappointing.

So what suits our fancy now? Do we want to play spoiler against Chicago. Or would we rather see them win the division over Cleveland? Or in reality will it matter because we probably can't play them any better than we played Cleveland. If Twins were getting pushed around with their full healthy lineup, I'd be real angry. But we can't expect to win when more than half the lineup is under .200...in some cases WAY under ,200.

Play for pride.

Thought someone in here said he has a really sick child.  That could be distracting.  He has been less then hoped for.

25 minutes ago, Winston Smith said:

My only hope for tonight is Dick and his partner please please no injuries talk for half the game. After 140+ games we all know about them. There is no need to talk about them every game. 

Im going to watch opponents broadcast.  Im Bremer-ed out

I'm hoping to see some good baseball still. Let us remember that we had a full lineup plenty of times in June and July and they didn't do much more than the guys suiting up now. One of these days Baldelli should loosen up and stick Wallner in the leadoff spot. Go Twins.

Plus after watching Kershaw last night we get Greinke tonight, even if he is mostly on fumes these days. The Twins have always been a tough start for Greinke though.

12 minutes ago, tony&rodney said:

The Twins have always been a tough start for Greinke though.

One of the last games I have attended at Target Field was in the 2013-2016 era when Grienke was with Arizona and good, Arizona came to Minnesota, and yeah the Twins knocked him out early that day too. 

Edit: It was Aug 19, 2017 :) 
https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/MIN/MIN201708190.shtml

2 minutes ago, Hosken Bombo Disco said:

One of the last games I have attended at Target Field was in the 2013-2016 era when Grienke was with Arizona and good, Arizona came to Minnesota, and yeah the Twins knocked him out early that day too. 

I went to a game in KC in 2010 where Valencia hit a grand slam in the first batting ninth and we scored 19 runs. Anthony slama made his debut that evening.

45 minutes ago, tony&rodney said:

I'm hoping to see some good baseball still. Let us remember that we had a full lineup plenty of times in June and July and they didn't do much more than the guys suiting up now. One of these days Baldelli should loosen up and stick Wallner in the leadoff spot. Go Twins.

Plus after watching Kershaw last night we get Greinke tonight, even if he is mostly on fumes these days. The Twins have always been a tough start for Greinke though.

How many did we lose back than because of the BP?  

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.