Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Twins @ Cleveland, 9/19/22 @ 12:10 PM CT

twinssporto

Having literally NOTHING better to do---I decided to tune in today not expecting much.  I got what I asked for.  Bummer to see Sonny Gray have to come out early after getting ripped for 4 runs.  Hope  he's able to recover from his hamstring issue to pitch again this season. He is a gamer and has a bulldog mentality. 

Nice to see Henriquez perform decent in his MLB debut.  Such a typical Twins game.  Get smoked early, battle back to get within 1 run getting Quantrill out of the game then see Contreras line into a DP.

Finally, is it getting to a point that serious consideration is given to DFA'ing Lopez in the offseason?  He's been a colossal disappointment since arriving from Baltimore.  He WAS quite good earlier this season with the Orioles with a sub 2 ERA and an excellent WHIP.  After his gas can of a performance today his ERA with MN has zoomed over 4 and his WHIP is at or over 2.0---which is Pagan-esque.  

1 minute ago, darwin22 said:

Having literally NOTHING better to do---I decided to tune in today not expecting much.  I got what I asked for.  Bummer to see Sonny Gray have to come out early after getting ripped for 4 runs.  Hope  he's able to recover from his hamstring issue to pitch again this season. He is a gamer and has a bulldog mentality. 

Nice to see Henriquez perform decent in his MLB debut.  Such a typical Twins game.  Get smoked early, battle back to get within 1 run getting Quantrill out of the game then see Contreras line into a DP.

Finally, is it getting to a point that serious consideration is given to DFA'ing Lopez in the offseason?  He's been a colossal disappointment since arriving from Baltimore.  He WAS quite good earlier this season with the Orioles with a sub 2 ERA and an excellent WHIP.  After his gas can of a performance today his ERA with MN has zoomed over 4 and his WHIP is at or over 2.0---which is Pagan-esque.  

"Pagan-esque". Love the term! So definitive!

Bit of embarrassing end to the game - not that it mattered.   If the idea was to get Lopez some work to build his confidence that did not work well.   I don't fully understand all the pitching moves Rocco makes or does not make - was thinking maybe to take Henriquez out in the 6th rather than face the top of the order.  Sometimes we take a pitcher out to soon and sometimes too late but maybe doesn't really matter if the pitching is not very good.    Let's start preparing for 2023.     

3 hours ago, tarheeltwinsfan said:

Suppose it is the Yankees vs. the Guardians in a playoff series. Who do I want to see lose more? I'll solve that problem right now. I ain't watching. When the Twins season is over, my baseball watching stops until next year. 

Only CLE games I would want to see them win.  AL Central dog division takes out Yankee scum

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.