Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Royals @ Twins, 9/14/22, 6:40PM CDT (4:40PM PDT)

PDX Twin

1 minute ago, LVTwinsfan said:

I’ve seen Palacios play second. I’m not impressed, his bat is nothing to write home about either.

Easy Fellas , not a fan of Palacious myself, hes here for what reason i get it, Just something about seeing Garlick in the # 1  spot   in any order  Hurts the game, 

10 minutes ago, stringer bell said:

Gray very impressive through 4. I think picking him up was a good trade for both teams. 

I think if three of four of Gray, Mahle, Maeda, and Paddack can be in the rotation for most or all of 2023, the Twins can be legitimate with their rotation. 

I'll give you Gray. Mahle is a total wait and see. There should be little to no importance placed on Paddack or Maeda if the team is serious about winning next year. 

1 minute ago, mrtwinsfan said:

Cleveland gets these awesome Royals the last 6 games of the year at home, even if we  Sweep the Guardians :banghead: being Optimistic, , Does not  look good,, Go Twins

I'm not worried. We should have clinched third by then and not have to worry about the Royals getting hot.

3 minutes ago, KirbyDome89 said:

I'll give you Gray. Mahle is a total wait and see. There should be little to no importance placed on Paddack or Maeda if the team is serious about winning next year. 

Isn't the standard one year recovery for TJ? Maeda will be about 18 months out and Paddack had his about May 1.  Maeda is in his mid thirties, but Paddack and Mahle are still in their 20s. I would think a large part of their careers are in front of them.

5 minutes ago, KirbyDome89 said:

With Rocco babysitting all the pitchers with a 4-5 inning limit because of injuries,  At least he is getting us used to it, Gonna be alot of Bullpen  issues again

15 minutes ago, LVTwinsfan said:

He swung at crap on the first pitch and grounded out

A ground out is a ground out it actually makes little difference which pitch, but Twins batters have watched so many first pitches go down the middle of the plate and strike out because they get down 0-2 and have to swing at crap.

16 minutes ago, Dave The Dastardly said:

No. The plan is for Miranda to move to 3rd. Urshella and one of our top prospects get traded for a pitcher with a bad wing.

Miranda should replace Cruz and nothing more, he is NOT a good fielder at any position.

1 minute ago, RpR said:

A ground out is a ground out it actually makes little difference which pitch, but Twins batters have watched so many first pitches go down the middle of the plate and strike out because they get down 0-2 and have to swing at crap.

We were specifically talking about the first pitch and you asked if it was better to go 0-1. Well in that case it most certainly was because Celestino swung at a first pitch curve ball and grounded out…so you were wrong, end of story

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.