Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread 9-2-22 @ 7:10pm CT: Twins vs White Sox

Game7-91

5 minutes ago, Game7-91 said:

And how abt those NYY? 15-24 since ASG and down to Tampa tonight. Keep it going Rays....

I haven't paid that close attention to the east, but know they were on fire in the early season.  What happened to them (not that I mind them crashing and burning) key injuries, playing above their abilities early-on, something to do with a goat?

1 minute ago, notoriousgod71 said:

Dick: "they were hoping to get more than four innings out of Sonny gray "

No, clearly they were not.

Wonder what that does to a guy like Gray who seems highly competitive....to be told youre not good enough to trust for 100 pitched in a close game. He's either dejected or massively pissed off.

2 minutes ago, notoriousgod71 said:

Dick: "they were hoping to get more than four innings out of Sonny gray "

No, clearly they were not.

They probably were when he was at 39 after 3

Why is it that we struggle against marginal starting pitchers  Do our hitters lack the concentration or intensity.  Is it just incredible coincidence?  It really is mindboggling, when these guys go out to the mound and look like Cy Young candidates against our lineup.  Of course, we suck against the Verlanders of the world, too.

At the Saints game Simeon Woods Richardson gave up 1 run over 5 innings. Lowered his ERA to 3.29, and was in line for the win, but Smeltzer has given up 5 runs to the Royals AAA club. If it was KC, he'd look like an ace.

But the real reason for my post: What's up with Sonny Gray? Out after 59 pitches? Any sign of injury? 

SWR is 21. The Saints have one 22yr old on their roster. The Storm Chasers have two. This kid has a future. 

1 minute ago, RickOShea said:

Why is it that we struggle against marginal starting pitchers  Do our hitters lack the concentration or intensity.  Is it just incredible coincidence?  It really is mindboggling, when these guys go out to the mound and look like Cy Young candidates against our lineup.  Of course, we suck against the Verlanders of the world, too.

I hate to say it, but maybe we just aren't that good this year

1 minute ago, wabene said:

Gray seems to just lose it sometimes. His last outing against the ChiSux they scored 12

One-inningitis, a malady we've seen from time to time in other Twins starters in the past.  However, actual names escape me.

1 minute ago, IndyTwinsFan said:

One-inningitis, a malady we've seen from time to time in other Twins starters in the past.  However, actual names escape me.

It seems like whenever a Twin pitcher gets 2 quick outs they have to somehow put at least one runner on base

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.