Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Game Thread: Tigers @ Twins, 8/3/22, 12:10PM CDT (10:10AM PDT)

PDX Twin

Damn hell of a game showcasing nearly all of our new pieces. Leon career battling average in Target field over .400? What the heck, super smart pick up. Fulmer pitching well and Jorge lights out. Went from one of the worst BPs to arguably one of the best overnight. 

Can’t wait to see Mahle! 

I feel like we didn’t really even give up much at all to acquire 4 legit Mlbers under team control. We gave up 9 prospects right? And none of them even our blue chips. Peanuts.

Edited by bwillly
Added more to post

New catcher Leon: First game, 2 RBI double, good defensive catcher.

New RP Fulmer: Nasty slider/cutter, mowed down three.

New RP closer Lopez: Dominated the 9th inning. How does anybody hit that stuff??

Tyler Mahle will have to pitch like a Cy Young candidate to keep up with the other three acquisitions. 

So far, the FO are looking pretty darn smart.

Who is this Lopez guy and why wasn't he the closer before today? Seriously, he looked dominating. Yes, it's Detroit and the bottom of their order but all 3 guys looked pretty overmatched. He's also done that against teams in the AL East so he might actually be pretty good. 

Look, I'm a Twins and Vikings fan so I know we aren't allowed to have nice things. Still, we just won a game with an OF of Gordon, Cave and Contreras, two of whom will not be with the Twins in a few days when Celestino and Kepler come back, and with Sandy (the hitting machine) Leon at catcher.  I'm actually feeling a little more confident and  might even say I'm cautiously optimistic . . .?   

From your lips to God's ears on Correa. Actually, he's having a solid but not outstanding year. Assuming that continues, and he thinks that the Twins have a real shot,  I could see him staying one more year and hoping to have a better year before hitting free agency. He's only in his age 29 year (turns 28 in late September) so he could wait one more. Hey, there are worse things than another year at $35.3m...

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

Os fan here .. You guys will enjoy Jorge .. Our new pitching instructor/coach Chris Holt has really helped his mechanics and find much more consistent movement on his fb. 

Trade proposal: Chris Holt for Pete Maki..... I kid, I kid 

1 hour ago, wabene said:

Trade proposal: Chris Holt for Pete Maki..... I kid, I kid 

Yeah, I'm sure we will have to find a prospect in our mid-20s range. Lucky for us, that prospect was in our mid-30s range just last week.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.