Twins Daily
  • Create Account

April is a waste.

Number3

With football weather and most (not just Twins) offenses in the tank, the goal for April is not to have a season threatening losing streak, Other than that, keep playing the schedule and stay somewhere around the .500 mark assuming that real baseball will begin on May 1. Having said that, Twins do need to win tonight after another no offense game last night. Biggest worry now is not the record but the fact that Sano is essentially absent, Buxton is really absent and Correa looks like $30mil down the drain. Main thing is no losing streaks because this team is not capable of winning 15 of 20 or 10 in a row. Offenses should wake up soon and the real season will begin.

The offense will get better - if healthy. And I wish they'd push Martin to AAA at this point. Team is getting a bit thin.

I don't like the staff but it is what it is. Best case scenario is the offense blows up and carries the team for a long stretch. Not sure if we will get back to .500 this season but I'm still hoping. It's really early and if they can win a few series, things will look better.

22 hours ago, denarded said:

Yes, games count as much in April as September. This Twins team looks good to me. I believe the hitting will come soon, the SP looks good, relief...We'll figure it out. Just don't dig a big hole like last year

Well they were 5-7 at this point last year and 4-8 this year so they’re digging an even bigger hole 

3 hours ago, alex ψ said:

April is technically a spring month, but Minnesota does not agree with that. Minnesota likes April to be a half-winter month for some reason.

Weather has zip to do with it, other teams are no more used to than the Twins (but the Vikings are now a wussy warm weather club)