Opening Day Game Thread: Mariners @ Twins, 4/8 @ 3:10pm CT

12 minutes ago, twinssporto said:

Great song ideas for Relievers as they walk to the mound:

Metallica: Enter Sandman

Maybe a little Molly Hatchet: Flirting' with Disaster

Maybe a little Rush: Tom Sawyer

Those songs really show my age...

Your age has been duly shown.

I am stuck in St. Paddy's day mode from last month, and this here song comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxek62z1jY

49 minutes ago, twinssporto said:

Great song ideas for Relievers as they walk to the mound:

Metallica: Enter Sandman

Maybe a little Molly Hatchet: Flirting' with Disaster

Maybe a little Rush: Tom Sawyer

Those songs really show my age...

Bob Seger: Beautiful Loser

12 minutes ago, Minny505 said:

Do we know if Shane Mack used the song of his namesake?

Not a lot of walk-up music is documented from those prehistoric times.

Buck goes into a slump. Uses "Return of the Mack" again. Walks up to the plate. The catcher stands up and takes his mask off. It's Shane Mack. Mack punches Buck in the face. Buck goes on the IL for the rest of the season

4 hours ago, Matthew Lenz said:

The Masters will be forever tied to Tiger’s Sunday red while the Twins will be forever tied to “Twins Navy”, “Scarlet Red”, and “Kasota Gold” and on Saturday’s we’re treated to the powder blue alternate jerseys.

Great work Matthew! Your writing as always, was superb.

One knit to pick: Were you trying to derail the thread before it ever got started? Affinity for Kasota Gold and Powder Blue is quite a divisive topic! :)

4 hours ago, Craig Arko said:

Saw this lineup posted at ESPN. Way different from last season,

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 9.55.07 AM.png

While I'm not sure about Urshela at clean up, I like the idea of Kepler hitting 9th. He should definitely be there against LH pitching and I think even against RH pitching since it sets up the top 3 in the order. As for the #4 hole, I would rather see sano there with Kiriloff at #5 and Urshela dropping to #6. Against RH pitching, I would expect to see Arraez in 2 hole with Correa and Polanco dropping back one each, Kiriloff at 5, and Urshela at Dh with Sanchez/Jeffers on the bench.

Community Moderator

I am watching Boston NY on my possibly illegally modified Firestick using some sort of oddly named streaming service possibly from eastern Europe or Rural Pakistan that I don't fully understand but which a buddy assures me is highly unlikely to ever land me in jail. 

Tech savvy, I'm that guy.

4 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

I am watching Boston NY on my possibly illegally modified Firestick using some sort of oddly named streaming service possibly from eastern Europe or Rural Pakistan that I don't fully understand but which a buddy assures me is highly unlikely to ever land me in jail. 

I was going to say that you shouldn't publicize this, but then I realized that we're in a game thread and that nobody reads these.  So, I think you're safe.

11 minutes ago, USAFChief said:

I am watching Boston NY on my possibly illegally modified Firestick using some sort of device that I don't fully understand but which a buddy assures me is highly unlikely to ever land me in jail. 

Tech Savvy... I almost graduated with that guy. Surfer Dude. But he ran off with his mother's board and I don't know what he's doing for a gig now.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.