Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Opening Day Game Thread: Mariners @ Twins, 4/8 @ 3:10pm CT

13 minutes ago, LastOnePicked said:

Are we sure it was a good idea to give Ryan the Opening Day nod?

I'm pretty sure it was mostly just due to the schedule of abbreviated spring training trying to get everyone ready,  Basically he was the one lined up to start.

1 minute ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Wife has a work event thing here over the weekend.

If it's over the weekend, does it still count as a work event?  Shouldn't it be more like Mandatory Non-mandatory Corporately-planned Appropriate Amount of Diversion Occurrence (MNCAADO for short, or Mancado).

3 minutes ago, Cap'n Piranha said:

If it's over the weekend, does it still count as a work event?  Shouldn't it be more like Mandatory Non-mandatory Corporately-planned Appropriate Amount of Diversion Occurrence (MNCAADO for short, or Mancado).

Well, she's a partner at a law firm so she technically owns part of the business, which means she does not have that thing called "personal, free time".

Just now, Cap'n Piranha said:

Ah, so your wife is the one who imposed the MNCAADO!  And lucky you, you get to be Mr. MNCAADO!

Hey, who doesn't want to be in Walker, MN in early April when there's still six inches of snow on the ground? I mean, this is basically Jamaica IMO.

2 minutes ago, Brock Beauchamp said:

Hey, who doesn't want to be in Walker, MN in early April when there's still six inches of snow on the ground? I mean, this is basically Jamaica IMO.

I wouldn't mind a little variance in the weather.  My a/c has already run several times in '22.

The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund
The Twins Daily Caretaker Fund

You all care about this site. The next step is caring for it. We’re asking you to caretake this site so it can remain the premier Twins community on the internet.