Twins Daily
  • Create Account

Grade the Garver for Kiner-Falefa Trade

cHawk

Garver for Isiah Kiner-Falefa Trade  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade this trade?

I will hold my answer until before the Tampa game on April 29. The early schedule should resolve the issue with a bunch of Central games as well as Dodgers and Red Sox. For some reason the best analytical tool is the W-L record.

2 hours ago, Old fox said:

The Texas-Yankees trades were a great job and accomplished much and now sign Story and sign Pineda  and 2 relief pitchers

Who, the Yankees?

53 minutes ago, Reptevia said:

Grade this trade:  Twins trade GArver, Donaldson, Rortvedt, IKF and a 1st round draft pick for Gary Sanchez Sonny Gray and Gio Urshela. 

That's not quite a fair comparison. IKF should be on both incoming and outgoing list (which just cancels out.) 

The net result is Twins trade Garver, Donaldson, Rortvedt, and a 1st round draft pick for Gary Sanchez, Sonny Gray and Gio Urshela (plus a minor-league pitcher whose name escapes me right now.) 

I don't know how much money moving Donaldson frees up because I don't know how much the incoming guys make. I also don't know if they are going to spend more. I'll call my grade an incomplete for now. If they stop now, it will convert to an F. 

1 hour ago, Reptevia said:

Grade this trade:  Twins trade GArver, Donaldson, Rortvedt, IKF and a 1st round draft pick for Gary Sanchez Sonny Gray and Gio Urshela. 

You need to add Ronnie Henriquez into this. Don't know much about him, but he dominated A+ at 21 last year and was promoted midseason to AA. That's not a bad prospect, though I'm not sure how well he is regarded.

That said, in general, I'm not liking this. We're worse at C and 3B now. The FO is assuming Jeffers and Miranda can really step up with Sanchez backing up Jeffers doing the DH/C thing. Gray is an upgrade at SP. But there's a lot of hope and not much depth should things go south.