Twins Daily
  • Create Account

2022 Vikings Off-Season Thread

Mike Sixel

12 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

So....2 good players, a bad QB, and 4 early picks (Seattle should hit on three of those) for a great QB?

I'm not sure I do that if I'm as good as Seattle, but they might look at the Rams like I look at the Packers, and do what the Vikes should do.....and plan for 2023 or 2024 being great.

To be fair to Seattle, for the last two years Wilson seemed about a breath away from burning all bridges with that organization.

Super Bowl caliber QBs are priceless, but it was still a pretty great return all things considered.

3 minutes ago, nicksaviking said:

To be fair to Seattle, for the last two years Wilson seemed about a breath away from burning all bridges with that organization.

Super Bowl caliber QBs are priceless, but it was still a pretty great return all things considered.

Truth. I should have thought about that part more.

If I'm Seattle, I really blow it up now (like the Vikes should in my dream scenario above). They are already in great shape to get the best QB next year. Go get even more high picks.

Yup, this is why I love the NFL off-season. Looks like the Broncos had a similar blockbuster deal on the table for Rodgers, but once he signed his extension, they went on to plan B. I think it’s a fair price for Wilson, as he’s the only way for the Broncos to compete in their division.

Now, move Kirk for the best offer you can get! Plenty of teams still need a QB and he’s the best option out there.

20 hours ago, Mike Sixel said:

Given the Packers move....I think I deal Kirk now. I don't see this team being better than the Packers this coming year, just too many holes on D. In my dream world:

Jets get: Hunter and Cook
Vikings: 4, 10, 35 (or even just 4 and 10)

Carolina: MN 3rd and Cousins
MN: Carolina 1 this year and a mid round pick next year

Miami: Thielen and Smith
MN: Miami's first this year and 2nd or 3rd next year

Then I trade down from 4 and 6 for more 2nd round picks.

free agency: Mid tier CB and LB and OL (center or OG) and a random QB

Round 1: DL, CB, WR, LB, DL (or LB or CB)

Round 2: Defense with 3 of the 4 picks and then BPA or even deal a 2nd this year for a first next year.

Win about 6 games, either trade up for a QB, or continue building the D in 2023.

The trades are so hard to judge but the sentiment of "Rodgers stayed so blow it up" is my take too.

2 hours ago, TheLeviathan said:

The trades are so hard to judge but the sentiment of "Rodgers stayed so blow it up" is my take too.

That was my take whether Rodgers stayed or not. Heck, if Rodgers left, the Vikings might still be the most talented team in the division even WITHOUT Cousins.

But with Rodgers staying, that should help anyone within the organization who was on the fence, to jump off.

2 hours ago, nicksaviking said:

That was my take whether Rodgers stayed or not. Heck, if Rodgers left, the Vikings might still be the most talented team in the division even WITHOUT Cousins.

But with Rodgers staying, that should help anyone within the organization who was on the fence, to jump off.

Agreed.  In my "Fix the Vikings" post I was all about blowing it up.  Still am.  This move should seal that deal though.

Trade Cook, Cousins, and Hunter at minimum.

2 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

Agreed.  In my "Fix the Vikings" post I was all about blowing it up.  Still am.  This move should seal that deal though.

No need to keep Thielen. Sign an OK vet, draft a WR in round 3 or so, and go from there. 

36 minutes ago, TheLeviathan said:

Yep .  Trade any players with any talent.   The Vikings can be the Jaguars of the north!! Skol!!

5 minutes ago, yeahyabetcha said:

Yep .  Trade any players with any talent.   The Vikings can be the Jaguars of the north!! Skol!!

You want to put the band back together for a team that just 7-9 and 8-9 the last two years? A band made up of too many guys over 30 and only getting older?

Why? Being bad is better than being moderately below average.

2 minutes ago, Danchat said:

Wentz to Washington for what sounds like 2 3rds. Seems like an overpay for a guy who singlehandedly prevented the Colts from going to the playoffs. Feels like Wentz’s last stop as a starter.

Kirk certainly gets more than that in a trade…

100% solidifies my thought that Kirk fetches a 1st round pick. Wentz is constantly injured and a clear downgrade from Kirk at QB. Wentz is a 20 ish ranked QB in the league. 

This is great for those that want to deal Kirk, since Wentz to the one QB needy team that would NOT deal for Cousins.

Cousins sits between the two QBs that were dealt, and is much closer to Wilson than Wentz. I'd guess they can get more than a first for him if they want.....

50 minutes ago, Mike Sixel said:

This is great for those that want to deal Kirk, since Wentz to the one QB needy team that would NOT deal for Cousins.

Cousins sits between the two QBs that were dealt, and is much closer to Wilson than Wentz. I'd guess they can get more than a first for him if they want.....

And while it seems obvious that Washington would have been an unlikely destination for Cousins, the Colts seem to be contenders.....

Seems unlikely they'd take another swing on trading for a QB with a less than reputable locker room presence, but who knows.

Just now, TheLeviathan said:

We can get to 5 wins now or in 2 years when these guys are 35.  Same outcome.

I never said to keep everyone. Obviously the defense will be a major rebuild.  I just believe it isn’t necessary to rid the roster of every player of any talent and replacing them with a draft pick.